Tuesday 23 July 2013

RADA Summer Course


Last week I did one of RADA's week long technical summer schools in Set and  Costume Design.
Here are a few of the things I did in the week. The script we were working on was an adaptation by Carol Ann Duffy of 'The Magic Table' by the Brothers Grimm.

Scale Model Characters

My box set. This is VERY rough! We only had one day to make this. My adaptation of the play was Indian themed. There are two upper levels, and a revolving Indian patterned floor on the lower stage level.


Character Development

Rough Storyboard

Scene breakdown of the play, with notes on props, costume, lighting and sound.

Character Development
Quite a lot of the processes involved are very similar to things that I have learnt in Illustration, so you would probably get a bit more out of it straight from A level. It was definitely worth it though, and I still learnt a lot! I didn't manage to get any pictures, but the scenic art  and props departments made some amazing work during the week aswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment